An Ursula K. Le Guin Bibliography: Non-Fiction,
Essays, Book Reviews
Ursula K. Le Guin's Web Site
feministsf.org Ursula Le Guin Bibliography:
Ursula K. Le Guin
bio / contact |
Le Guin's Work
short stories |
plays & prose |
español [see Doce Moradas]
edited works |
About Le Guin's Work
Performances & Recordings |
- Dancing at the Edge of the World: Thoughts on Words,
Women, Places (1989)
- Grove, 1989; 1997
Nominated for Hugo Award, 1989, Non-Fiction Book category
- The Language of the Night: Essays on Fantasy and Science
Fiction, Rev. Ed. (1992)
- Edited and with introductions by Susan Wood. Revised edition
edited by Ursula K. Le Guin.
1st ed. published G. P. Putnam's Sons, 1979.
Rev ed. published London: Women's Press, 1989.
Rev. ed. reprinted New York: HarperCollins Books, 1992.
Nominated for Hugo Award, 1980, Non-Fiction Book category
Contents of 2d Rev. Ed.:
Preface to the 1989 Edition
Introduction by Susan Wood
- Le Guin Introduces Le Guin
A Citizen of Mondath
- On Fantasy and Science Fiction
Why Are Americans Afraid of Dragons?
Dreams Must Explain Themselves
National Book Award Acceptance Speech
The Child and the Shadow
Myth and Archetype in Science Fiction
From Elfland to Poughkeepsie
American SF and The Other
Science Fiction and Mrs. Brown
- The Book Is What Is Real
Introduction to Rocannon's World
Introduction to Planet of Exile
Introduction to City of Illusions
Introduction to The Word for World Is Forest
Introduction to The Left Hand of Darkness
Is Gender Necessary? Redux
The Staring Eye
The Modest One
Introduction to Star Songs of an Old Primate
- Telling the Truth
Introduction to The Altered I (excerpt)
Talking About Writing
- Pushing at the Limits
The Stalin in the Soul
The Stone Ax and the Muskoxen
Bibliographic Checklist of the Works of Ursula K. Le Guin,
compiled by L. W. Currey
Intimate Nature: The Bond Between Women and Animals
edited by Linda Hogan, Deena Metzger, and Brenda Peterson.
Collection of philosophical essays on the spiritual kinship of
women and animals; includes an essay by Le Guin.
- Steering the Craft: Exercises and Discussions on Story
Writing for the Lone Navigator or the Mutinous Crew (1988)
- 1st Ed., 1998: Eighth Mountain Press, Portland, OR (ISBN
0933377460, trade pbk; 0933377469, lib. bdg.) (173 pp.).
Chapbooks and Pamphlets
- "From Elfland to Poughkeepsie" (1973 chapbook)
- Pendragon Press: June 1973 (ISBN 091401000X)
- "Dreams Must Explain Themselves" (1975 chapbook) includes story,
essay, speech, and interview
- 1975 chapbook; Borgo Press: 1983 (ISBn 0893707503)
- "Fifteen Vultures, The Strop, and the Old Lady"
1972; in Clarion II: An Anthology of Speculative Fiction and
Criticism, edited by Robin Scott Wilson (New American Library /
An essay on being a writer.
- "On Theme"
- Accompanying "Nine Lives," in Those Who Can: A Science
Fiction Reader, edited by Robin Scott Wilson (1973)
- "Talking About Writing"
- originally published in The Writer, v. 105 (Dec. 1992),
Book Reviews & Introductions
- Introduction to November Grass by Judy Van Der Veer
(1940; Le Guin's introduction is in 2001 edition)
- Introduction to The Diaries of Adam and Eve by Mark
Twain (Oxford Univ. Press: 1996 (ISBn 0195101529))
We welcome your comments, suggestions,
and offers of assistance.
Please be patient while waiting for us to
get back to you.
These pages are edited and maintained at http://www.feministsf.org/
by Laura Quilter.